Your Cart

Lyngrove Reserve Sauvignon Blanc / Chenin Blanc 2022

Lyngrove Reserve Sauvignon Blanc / Chenin Blanc 2022
Lyngrove Reserve Sauvignon Blanc / Chenin Blanc 2022
This white blend shows freshness with hints of green pepper, passion fruit and pineapple. The palate is layered with soft tropical fruit, crisp apple, sweet melon and subtle nuances of oak.
Technical Analysis
alc 13.9
rs 1.9
pH 3.45
ta 5.4
Wine Information
Accolades
Brand Group Lyngrove Reserve Range
Other
Winemaker Danie van Tonder
Variety Chardonnay
Blend Percentage 67% Sauvignon Blanc, 33% Chenin Blanc
Food Suggestion Enjoy at 10-12°C with seared scallops, crispy bacon, salsa, gremolata & rocket.
Ageing
Cellar These perfectly ripe grapes were gently pressed to avoid any harsh phenols. After settling, the juice was racked and fermented at cool temperatures and left on the lees to enhance depth of flavour and texture. 70% of the blend was fermented in stainless steel tanks and the other 30% was fermented and matured in French oak barrels for 8 months.
Harvest With the Western Cape coming out of a 3 year drought period it looked promising but many vineyards had not yet recovered in full. In general, a cooler growing period with unfavourable weather during flower and set in October and November which led to smaller berries and bunches with unevenness for some cultivars at harvest. Weather was good with the start of harvest until March when it turned into cool and wet conditions which necessitated greater input to control disease outbreak. Harvest began mid-January and was completed end March with similar yields to previous year.
Vineyard Vines are drip-irrigated to ensure optimal ripening and trained on the 5-wire Perold trellis system. Planted in soils consisting of weathered granite on clay, the vines are situated on south facing slopes. The nearby Atlantic Ocean (False Bay) has an additional cooling effect on the vineyards during the ripening season.
Style
style Dry
taste Fruity
type White
Type
Kosher 0
Organic 0
Vegetarian 0
Wooded 1
Pack
Closure Cork
Pack Size 750ml
Pack Type Bottle
R165.00
R165.00 per item
  • Range: Lyngrove Reserve Range
COOKIES : This site uses cookies to personalise your shopping experience and to analyse traffic. Please click the X on the right to close this box.